RMHC Australia is the national organisation within our federated structure. The purpose of the RMHC Australia Board is to focus, strengthen and unite the 11 RMHC Chapters delivering our Programs across the country.
Ronald McDonald House Charities Pty Ltd operates as the Trustee for the Ronald McDonald House Charities Trust, collectively referred to as ‘Ronald McDonald House Charities Australia’ or ‘RMHC Australia’.
- The Board is responsible for overall governance of RMHC Australia.
- It provides leadership of the RMHC Chapters in Australia.
- The Board manages the brand across the RMHC Chapters in Australia.
- It oversees the creation and expansion of RMHC Programs.
- The Board meets at least three times a year.
- In 2021, the Board held four meetings – in March, June, September and December.
- The RMHC CEO prepares the agenda and pre-read pack, and liaises with the Company Secretary about the details.
- The Company Secretary takes formal minutes for each meeting.
- Board decisions are made by majority consensus of the Directors at each meeting.
Code of Conduct
Board Directors observe the highest standards of ethical behaviour. This includes avoiding conflicts with the best interests of the Trust. The Board has adopted a Code of Conduct and a Conflicts of Interest Policy, which each member signs.
The RMHC Australia Board must comprise a minimum of four and a maximum of 14 Board members, including:
- the CEO of RMHC Australia
- a minimum of three McDonald’s Corporation (or its subsidiaries, affiliates or franchisees) representatives including the CEO of McDonald’s Australia
- a minimum of one representative, but preferably three, from the RMHC Chapters, which in 2021 comprised representatives from RMHC Wagga Wagga, RMHC Sydney and RMHC Greater Western Sydney, who was replaced by a representative from RMHC South East Queensland
- a minimum of one person with health qualifications and/or experience
- a minimum of one representative from the community.
Our three subcommittees meet bi-annually or more often as required. These subcommittees are:
- Audit, Finance and Investment
- Governance, Nomination and Development
- Programs, Capital and Research.