RMHC Australia is the national organisation within our federated structure. The purpose of the RMHC Australia Board is to lead, strengthen and unite the 11 RMHC Chapters delivering our Programs across Australia.
Ronald McDonald House Charities Pty Ltd operates as the Trustee for the ‘Ronald McDonald House Charities Trust’, collectively referred to as ‘Ronald McDonald House Charities Australia’ or RMHC Australia
- Overall governance of RMHC Australia
- Leadership across the RMHC Chapters in Australia
- Brand management across the RMHC Chapters in Australia
- Overseeing the creation of new and expansion of RMHC Programs
- The Board meets at least three times a year
- In 2020 the Board held four meetings in March, June, September and December. The RMHC CEO prepares the agenda and pre-read pack and liaises with the Company Secretary on the details
- The Company Secretary keeps a copy of the Board papers for each meeting.
Board decisions are made by majority consensus of the Directors present at a meeting.
Code of Conduct
Board Directors observe the highest standards of ethical behaviour. This includes avoiding conflicts with the best interests of the Trust. The Board has adopted a Code of Conduct and a Conflict of Interests Policy, which each member signs.
The RMHC Board must comprise a minimum of four and maximum of 14 Board members which includes:
- The CEO of RMHC Australia
- A minimum of three McDonald’s Corporation (or its subsidiaries, affiliates or franchisees) representatives including the CEO of McDonald’s Australia
- A minimum of one, but preferably three, representatives from the RMHC Chapters. In 2020 the Board had three RMHC Chapter representatives from Wagga Wagga, Greater Western Sydney and Western Australia
- A minimum of one person with health qualifications and/or experience
- A minimum of one representative from the community.
You can find a full list of our Board members at rmhc.org.au/about
Our three Subcommittees meet bi-annually or more often as required.
- Audit, Finance and Investment
- Governance, Nomination and Development
- Programs, Capital and Research.