RMHC Australia is the national organisation within our federated structure. The purpose of the RMHC Australia Board is to lead, strengthen and unite the 11 RMHC Chapters delivering our Programs across Australia.
- Overall governance of RMHC Australia
- Leadership across the RMHC Chapters in Australia
- Brand management across the RMHC Chapters in Australia
- Overseeing the creation of new and expansion of RMHC Programs
- The Board meets at least three times a year
- In 2019 the Board held four meetings in March, June, September and December
- The Company Secretary prepares the draft agenda for each meeting in conjunction with the CEO RMHC and Chair
- The Company Secretary keeps a hard copy of the Board papers for each meeting
- Board decisions are made by majority consensus of the Directors present at a meeting
Code of Conduct
Board Directors observe the highest standards of ethical behaviour. This includes avoiding conflicts with the best interests of the Trust. The Board has adopted a Code of Conduct and a Conflict of Interests Policy, which each member signs.
The RMHC Board must comprise a minimum of four and maximum of 14 Board members which includes:
- the CEO RMHC;
- a minimum of three McDonald’s Corporation (or its subsidiaries, affiliates or franchisees) representatives including the CEO of McDonald’s Australia;
- a minimum of one, but preferably three, representatives from the RMHC Chapters;
- in 2019 the Board had three RMHC Chapter representatives from Sydney, Greater Western Sydney and Western Australia;
- a minimum of one person with health qualifications and/or experience;
- a minimum of one representative from the community.
You can find a full list of our Board members at rmhc.org.au/about
Our three Subcommittees meet bi-annually or more often as required.
- Audit, Finance and Investment;
- Governance, Nomination and Development;
- Programs, Capital and Research.
Our Board in 2019
Andrew Gregory Chair
Barbara Ryan CEO
Glen Baker Director
Tim Banks Director
Barry Fitzgerald Director
Mark Holton Director
Stephen Jermyn Director
Emma Napoli-Hala Director
Nicole Taylor Director
Carolyn Townsend Director
Lee White Director
Our Corporate Governance Framework
The RMHC Trust is registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profit Commission (ACNC) as a Public Benevolent Institution; is endorsed by the Australian Taxation Office for GST Concessions (from 1 July 2005), Fringe Benefits Tax Exemption (from 1 July 2005) and Income Tax Exemption (from 1 July 2000); and is endorsed by the Australian Taxation Office as a Deductible Gift Recipient (from 1 July 2000) under Item 1 of the table in section 30-15 of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997.
Our Federated Organisation
Ronald McDonald House Charities in Australia is made up of 12 legal entities, known as RMHC Chapters. These Chapters operate around Australia under a federated structure and work together under a joint venture agreement.
Each Chapter is financially and operationally independent, with their own Board and management. And each is a registered charity, regulated by the Australian Charities and Not-for-profit Commission.